|Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles|
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles logo
Kevin Michael Richardson
|Opening theme||"Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles"|
|Ending theme||"Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" (instrumental)|
|Composer(s)||Sebastian Evans II|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||78 (24 aired) (List of episodes)|
Ant Ward (supervising producer)
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Nickelodeon Animation Studio|
|Picture format||NTSC (480i), HDTV 1080i|
|Original run||29, 2012– present|
|Preceded by||Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003 TV series)|
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is an American computer animated television series that premiered on Nickelodeon on September 29, 2012. It is the third animated television series based on the franchise of the same name and is produced by Nickelodeon Animation Studio. On October 2, 2012 and February 26, 2013, Nickelodeon renewed the series for a second and third season, respectively. The second season is set to premiere in September, 2013.
Ninjutsu master Hamato Yoshi (Splinter) is carrying his four pet turtles through the streets of New York City when he encounters members of an alien race called the Kraang. During an altercation with these aliens, Hamato and the turtles are exposed to an alien chemical called mutagen and they undergo major physical transformations. Hamato Yoshi becomes a humanoid rat and the turtles become anthropomorphic. Splinter retreats to the New York City sewers, where he raises the four turtles as his sons and imparts to them his knowledge of ninjutsu.
Now teenagers, the Turtles venture to the surface for the first time and learn that the Kraang are using the mutagen as part of their plan to take over New York City. The Turtles befriend the teenage April O'Neil after she and her scientist father Kirby are abducted by the Kraang. While Kirby remains a prisoner of the Kraang, April becomes an ally of the Turtles, who help her to find out where the Kraang have taken her father. April is also being trained by Splinter to be a kunoichi (female ninja).
The Turtles discover that the Kraang, under the leadership of Kraang Prime, have come to Earth from Dimension X and are plotting to use the mutagen to convert the Earth into an planet suitable for their race.
On October 21, 2009, a press release was made indicating that Viacom had bought the complete rights of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise from Peter Laird for $60 million, and would be developing a CGI animated TV series for its Nickelodeon family of channels for broadcast in 2012. A feature film, to be released by Paramount Pictures (also a division of Viacom), is slated for 2014.
Jason Biggs voices Leonardo and Rob Paulsen voices Donatello. In June 2011, it was confirmed that Sean Astin is playing Raphael and Greg Cipes is Michelangelo. In August 2011, it was revealed that Mae Whitman would be the voice for April O'Neil. In April 2012, it was announced that Phil LaMarr would be playing the role of Baxter Stockman and Nolan North would be playing a race of aliens known as the Kraang, while Roseanne Barr is confirmed to voice their leader, Kraang Prime. Actress Kelly Hu confirmed her role as Karai in May 2012. Corey Feldman has been confirmed to play the role of Slash. Recurring TMNT character Casey Jones is slated to appear in the second season of the series, where he will be voiced by Josh Peck.
Production art was leaked on the Nickelodeon website before it was taken down. The images showed the designs of all four Turtles, Shredder, Splinter, a teenage April O'Neil and the Kraang, an alien race that combines elements of both Krang and the Utroms. A trailer for the series was released on June 21, 2012, on Nickelodeon USA.
In mid 2012, Playmates Toys released their first wave of basic Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles action figures which consisted of "hero figures" Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael, Michelangelo, Splinter and April O'Neil as well as "villain characters" Shredder, Kraang, and a Foot Soldier. In early 2013, Playmates released series 2 which consisted of the new "hero" character Metalhead as well as new villains Dogpound and Fishface. In April 2012, the third wave appeared which included the "hero" character Leatherhead as well as villains Snakeweed and Baxter Stockman. Wave four is slighted to be released in August and it will feature the villains Rat King and Cockroach Terminator as well as new "Stealth Tech" versions of the four turtles.October will see the final release of 2013 with a 7 pack of Mousers as well as villains Spider Bytez, Newtralizer and a newly sculpted Shredder figure featuring a removable helmet and cape.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows, a downloadable game for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Microsoft Windows, is set to be released in August 28, 2013 by Activision. It is a 3D beat 'em up game, and will feature an online multiplayer co-op for up to four players.
The series debuted on Canadian channel YTV on September 29, 2012. It also premiered on Nickelodeon (UK) and Nickelodeon (Ireland) on October 1, 2012. The Australian and New Zealand arms of Nickelodeon debuted the show on October 8, 2012.
IGN has given the show positive reviews, with 16 out of the 22 episodes reviewed being given the "Editor's Choice" title. "The Gauntlet" has, so far, received the highest rating of 9.1/10. The series premiered in the U.S. to 3.9 million viewers.
Variety has praised the show, saying "...handsomely produced effort, with a strong vocal cast, considerable humor and scads of high-spirited action. If the goal was to introduce the Turtles to a new generation — amphibious mission accomplished."
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Stransky, Tanner (July 6, 2012). "Nickelodeon sets premiere date for 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' -- EXCLUSIVE" (in English). Entertainment Weekly. http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/07/06/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-premiere-date-exclusive/. Retrieved July 6, 2012.
- ↑ "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Renewed by Nickelodeon for Second Season; Premiere is Number 1 Kids Program on Basic Cable - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers". Tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com. http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/10/02/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-renewed-by-nickelodeon-for-second-season-premiere-is-number-1-kids-program-on-basic-cable/151241/?utm_campaign=WP%20%3E%20Twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter. Retrieved 2012-10-20.
- ↑ Andreeva, Nellie. "Nickelodeon Orders 'Breadwinners' - Renews 'Ninja Turtles'". Deadline.com. http://www.deadline.com/2013/02/nickelodeon-orders-new-animated-series-breadwinners-renews-ninja-turtles/. Retrieved 2013-07-16.
- ↑ "Nickelodeon Talks Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Season 2 and Previews The Legend of Korra: Book 2". IGN. 2013-05-07. http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/08/nickelodeon-talks-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-season-2-and-previews-the-legend-of-korra-book-2. Retrieved 2013-07-16.
- ↑ "Tuning in to TV: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles have new series, toys". The Washington Times. July 29, 2012. http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/jul/19/tuning-in-to-tv-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-have-/. Retrieved July 23, 2013.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Lowry, Brian (2012-09-26). "Variety Reviews - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - TV Reviews - - Review by Brian Lowry". Variety.com. http://variety.com/2012/tv/reviews/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-1117948429/. Retrieved 2012-10-20.
- ↑ Franich, Darren (July 14, 2011). "Sean Astin voicing Raphael in new 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles'" (in English). New York City: Entertainment Weekly. http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/06/14/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-sean-astin/. Retrieved February 11, 2012.
- ↑ Rob Paulsen. "Voice of April ONeil revealed". Behind The Voice Actors. http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/news/Voice-of-April-ONeil-revealed/. Retrieved 2013-07-16.
- ↑ "Episode 36 Guest: Phil Lamarr". Rob Paulsen Live. 2012-04-13. http://robpaulsenlive.com/episode-36-guest-phil-lamarr/. Retrieved 2012-07-07.
- ↑ "Episode 38 Guest: Nolan North". Rob Paulsen Live. 2012-04-27. http://robpaulsenlive.com/episode-38-guest-nolan-north/. Retrieved 2012-07-07.
- ↑ "Exclusive: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Guest Cast Includes Roseanne Barr - Today's News: Our Take". TVGuide.com. 2013-01-18. http://www.tvguide.com/News/Exclusive-Teenage-Mutant-1059297.aspx. Retrieved 2013-07-23.
- ↑ "Twitter / KellyHu: "@JasonRainwater: @Kelly". Twitter.com. https://twitter.com/kellyhu/status/204979727713308673. Retrieved 2012-07-07.
- ↑ "Corey Feldman is Slash for Nick's TMNT". Theouthousers.com. http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/news/123038-corey-feldman-is-slash-for-nicks-tmnt.html. Retrieved 2013-07-16.
- ↑ "New Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Balances Comedy and Action". IGN. http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/03/new-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-balances-comedy-and-action. Retrieved 2013-07-16.
- ↑ Comic-Con: Nickelodeon Sets 'Legend of Korra,' 'Ninja Turtles' Panels (Exclusive) Hollywood Reporter, Retrieved July 13, 2013
- ↑ Goellner, Caleb (March 9, 2012). "Parting Shot: Nickelodeon Shells Out New 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' Images" (in English). Comics Alliance. http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/03/09/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-nickelodeon-images/. Retrieved March 27, 2012.
- ↑ Stransky, Tanner (June 21, 2012). "Nickelodeon's 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' reboot: See the show's trailer here! -- EXCLUSIVE" (in English). Entertainment Weekly. http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/06/21/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-nickelodeon-trailer/. Retrieved June 21, 2012.
- ↑ "Nickelodeon: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Make a Triumphant Return to Television in New Nickelodeon Series". India Retail News. Oct. 4, 2012.
- ↑ "Basic Action Figures | Playmates Toys, Inc". Playmatestoys.com. http://www.playmatestoys.com/brands/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles/toys/action-figures/basic. Retrieved 2013-07-16.
- ↑ "Toy Fair 2013: Playmates’ Upcoming ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’ Figures And Vehicles". Comicsalliance.com. 2013-02-12. http://www.comicsalliance.com/2013/02/12/toy-fair-2013-playmates-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-action-figures-ooze/. Retrieved 2013-07-16.
- ↑ Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles | LEGO Shop
- ↑ Ishaan (2013-07-08). "TMNT: Out of the Shadows And More In This Year's Summer of Arcade Line-up". Siliconera. http://www.siliconera.com/2013/07/08/tmnt-out-of-the-shadows-and-more-in-this-years-summer-of-arcade-line-up/. Retrieved 2013-07-16.
- ↑ Sliwinski, Alexander (2013-03-04). "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows this summer". Joystiq. http://www.joystiq.com/2013/03/04/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-out-of-the-shadows-this-summer/. Retrieved 2013-07-16.
- ↑ 
- ↑ "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2012): Season 1 - TV". IGN. 2012-10-18. http://www.ign.com/tv/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-2012/1. Retrieved 2013-07-16.
- ↑ Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: "The Gauntlet" Review - IGN
- ↑ Starlight Runner Entertainment Tapped to Prep Nickelodeon's Hit Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Franchise for Multi-Platform - Yahoo! News
|40x40px||Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: [[[:Template:Sec link/relative url]] Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2012 TV series)]|
- [[[:Template:Official website/http]] Official website]
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles at the Internet Movie Database