Tawna is a character from the Crash series. She was Crash's girlfriend, who apparently later left him for the villain Pinstripe Potoroo. She appears in only 2 Crash games, being Crash Bandicoot and Crash Boom Bang!, and has cameo appearances in Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex, Crash Twinsanity, Crash Team Racing, and in the recent Crash: Mind Over Mutant.
In Crash Bandicoot, she was another evil genius creation of Doctor Neo Cortex and Doctor Nitrus Brio. When Crash escapes, falling out a window, Cortex uses Tawna as a hostage, in order to get Crash to come back and fight Cortex. In then end, she is rescued by Crash and are standing on Cortex's blimp, and later after completing the game totally, are seen riding away on the bird that is found in Sliperry Climb.
Tawna doesn't have a true appearance for ten years until she is in Crash Boom Bang! In this, the rumor of Tawna leaving Crash for Pinstripe Potoroo turns out to be a fact. It is also the first time in a Crash game that she is a playable character. It is unknown if Tawna will appear in any further adventures.
- According to Naughty Dog, Tawna's design was based off celebrity Pamela Anderson, for her blonde hair and buxom physique.
- Tawna is shorter in Crash Boom Bang, possibly half the size she was before in Crash Bandicoot.
- After Crash Bandicoot, Naughty Dog removed her from the Crash series. The reason for this is because she was found to be innappropriate for young children, since it was a family game. Coco Bandicoot then became Tawna's replacement.
- Tawna also has a cameo appearance in Crash Twinsanity, where she is seen on a poster for a place called Moulin Cortex.
- A picture of Tawna can be seen inside Crash's house near inside the front door in Crash: Mind Over Mutant and Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex, possibly suggesting they still have a relationship.
- Tawna, along with Koala Kong, Dr. Nitrus Brio, Komodo Moe and Baby T are the only known characters of the Crash universe before Crash Bash that were not playable characters in CTR.