Kooper Koopa is a fictional character in Nintendo's Mario franchise and Mario's first partner in Paper Mario. He is a blue, adventure-loving (and seemingly young) Koopa Troopa who dreams of becoming an archaeologist like his childhood hero Kolorado. He is the exact opposite of his successor, Koops, personality-wise. However, in the battle field, the two have very similar abilities.
Character information Edit
Mario and Goombario enter Koopa Village to find that Fuzzies have attacked the village and are stealing all the Koopas' shells. Mario gets the shells back for the Koopas and eventually finds Kooper. He tells Mario that his blue shell had been stolen by a Fuzzy and Mario agrees to get it back. Once Mario gets the shell back for Kooper, he joins the party. By pressing C-Down, Kooper will retreat into his shell and Mario can shoot him out short distances, allowing him to flip switches, grab items and attack enemies.
- Kooper's name is most likely a combination of "Koopa", and the actual last name of "Cooper".
- Kooper was going to make some sort of appearance in Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, perhaps one similar to that of Bow or maybe a larger role. However, he was removed.
- In Super Paper Mario, Kooper appears as a Catch Card found on the thirtieth floor of the Flopside Pit of 100 Trials.
- Although all artwork depicts Kooper as having an "X"-shaped arrangement of bandages on his cheek, no in-game sprites have ever shown him as such, not even those of Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door or Super Paper Mario. However, Kooper's "replacement" Koops has a perhaps similar bandage on his nose.
- His Japanese name is "Kameki"
- In Super Smash Bros. Brawl, he is a sticker that raises arm attack power of a player by ten.