Jet the Hawk (Jetto za Hōku) is a fictional character in the Sonic the Hedgehog series. He is the 14-year-old hawk leader of the Babylon Rogues, and is often nicknamed the "Legendary Wind Master" due to his mastery of Extreme Gear. He's Sonic's most potent rival in Sonic Riders, and he uses a Type-J board that allows him to reach high speeds. Jet also possesses a mysterious "control box", passed down from his ancestors, that is said to awaken the fabled Babylon Garden. Only the power of the Chaos Emeralds can activate its fabled power.
Jet advances to the finals of the EX World Grand Prix and unfairly wins after Wave detonates an explosive placed on the bottom of Sonic's board near the end of the race. Again, he races against Sonic after Doctor Eggman steals the control box in order to steal the ancient treasure of Babylon. This time, he is defeated fairly. Sonic, who retrieved the box from Eggman, willingly hands it to Jet, as he is not intending to use it.
At the doors of the Babylonian Fortress, Jet, Wave, and Storm awaken and are confronted by the Babylon Guardian, a large purple genie, and only succeed in defeating it with the help of Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy. They discover the fabled Babylonian Treasure to be the ancient Extreme Gear, Magic Carpet.
Jet and Sonic finally decide to be more friendly to each other. Jet concedes to the fact that Sonic is faster than him. However, this doesn't make him want to beat Sonic any less than in the beginning.
In Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity Jet wishes upon a shooting star the power to beat Sonic, then when the shooting star crashes it causes an avalanche, making a newly found artifact activate, revealing to Jet the powers of Gravity Control. Proclaiming himself the fastest thing in the universe, Jet sets off to find the rest of the Ark's of the Cosmos, and prove to Sonic the Hedgehog once and for all he is the best.
Jet and Sonic meet up again at MeteoTech and Jet immediately jumps at the chance to prove once and for all to Sonic that he is the fastest in the universe. Later, at the end of the gam,e Jet and Sonic have a race to prove who gets the title of fastest and all of the Ark of the Cosmos. Jet and Sonic tie and Sonic gives his Ark of the Cosmos to him. Tails figures out that the Arks use Black Holes to use Gravity Control and if all of them are close enough to Babylon Garden, the entire world be sucked up by the massive Black Hole it would make.
One of Eggman's robots flies into the room, steals the Arks from Wave, and flies them to Babylon Garden. Babylon Garden reverts back into its usual form as a space ship and a black hole appears at it's center and begins sucking in the world. Jet, Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Wave and Storm fly to the Garden and defeat the Core: ABIS program. The last cutscene from the game is Sonic, Tails, Knuckles driving through a city and Jet flying up beside them and challenging Sonic to another race.
Some fans believe Jet to be modeled after Bean the Dynamite from Sonic the Fighters, and in some cases, people even mistook Jet to be Bean. Nintendo Power magazine played a joke on this fact by giving an image of Jet a caption reading; "Bean? Is that you, Bean? Oh! How we've missed you!".
Few people notice that Jet has the opposite color scheme to Sonic. Sonic is blue with green eyes, but Jet is green with blue eyes (Scourge the Hedgehog has the exact same color scheme).
Sonic Channel reveals info about Jet that wasn't stated in Sonic Riders. Apparently, Jet is 14, and is the same height as Sonic and Shadow (100 cm). He also weighs 33 kilograms--two kilograms fewer than Sonic or Shadow. Jet's original name was intended to be "Wind".
- Out of the all the Sonic characters to have officially raced Sonic, he is the first character to have beaten him (though Wave planted a bomb on Sonic's board to explode when he neared the finish).
- Jet was intended to be playable in Sonic Rivals and Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games.
- In one mission, it is hinted that Jet may have a rivalry with Knuckles the Echidna.
- To many Sonic fans, Jet is considered one of Sonic's greatest rivals and allies.
- Jet is the only Team Sonic member to have established a use of dirty tricks, aside from Rouge the Bat.
- Jet's board, Type-J, is slightly faster than Sonic's running speed in-game Sonic Riders and Zero Gravity; however, it is only half as fast as his running speed in the other games.
- The rivalry between him and Sonic is somewhat similar to that of his and Chris Thorndike's uncle, Sam Speed, from Sonic X.
- Jet is the youngest member of the Babylon Rogues.
- In the early days, many fans mistook Jet for Bean the Dynamite
- In the European version of Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games, if you hack the game, Jet is playable along with Silver the Hedgehog, Donkey Kong, Cream the Rabbit, Big the Cat, Birdo, and Espio the Chameleon.