The character of Cybershark is depicted in two different ways in his two bios. The first is his original first season toyline depiction and the second version is his third season transmetal II bio which establishes him as a bounty hunter, something the first bio makes no references to.
It should be noted that early information about the Universe "Overbite with Repugnus" set appeared in April 2004 out of China, calling the set "Cybershark with Buzzclaw". 
In his first bio Cybershark is one of the only two marine capable Maximals and takes the beast form of a hammerhead shark, the other Maximal is the squid Claw Jaw. He is a heavily armed Maximal, equipped with a chest cannon and a tail gun that can alternately be used as a bladed weapon. His function is to search out Predacon activity in the ocean and then eliminate it.
In his second bio, Cybershark was re-released as a transmetal II tigershark. It describes Cybershark as being able to detect Predacon activity even from over 20,000 fathoms below the ocean surface and being able to travel well over 600 knots. Despite the fact that he is a transmetal II Cybershark apparently modified himself or is so powerful that he actually possesses a vehicle mode: thruster jets and spin-drive tail which can boost speed and allow for limited low-level flight. Cybershark is armed in vehicle mode with armor piercing, jaw mounted, torpedoes which also possess water-to-air capabilities, also available in robot mode as a hand gun. A quad-bladed razor weapon and bladed fins complete his arsenal.
Cybershark's stasis pod was presumably among those who were launched into orbit around prehistoric Earth in the Beast Wars series pilot.
The original Cybershark appeared in the 2006 IDW Beast Wars: The Gathering comic series. In the comic he was among the Maximal protoforms from the Axalon, this version of the character is taken only from Cybershark's original bio and completely ignores the transmetal II bio. Originally his protoform was recovered by Magmatron's Predacons and infected with a Predacon shell program. Unbeknownst to Magmatron, his technical expert Razorbeast was a Maximal double-agent and had managed to modify the program so a significant number of those infected emerged as Maximals. Cybershark first found Claw Jaw after his activation and the two made their way to join Razorbeast. After the defeat of Magmatron's Predacons the united group of Maximals awaited rescue from Cybertron.
In Beast Wars: The Ascending Armordillo, B'Boom, Bantor, Buzzclaw, Cybershark, Lazorbeak, Manterror, Optimus Minor, Powerpinch, Ramulus, Razorbeast, Retrax, Scuba, Sky Shadow, Spittor, Stinkbomb and Terragator were wounded in battle and left on Earth. Together they fought and defeated the Blendtrons Drancron, Elephaorpha and Rartorarta. Although Razorbeast survived the battle he was infected with Rartorarta's maddening sting and had to be put down by Optimus Minor to stop him from attacking his allies.
- Beast Wars Cybershark
- Cybershark was a deluxe sized toy that transformed into a hammerhead shark. He came with a missile accessory which also served as his beast mode’s head, as well as two additional missiles which features happy faces on them.
- Although Cybershark was never featured in the Beast Wars animated series, his commercial, alongside the Predacon Inferno, featured computer animated sequences of Cybershark transforming and attacking in the style of the series. 
- This toy was later remolded into Beast Wars II Sharp Edge
- This toy was later extensively remolded into Beast Wars II Hellscream and Transformers: Universe Overbite.
- Beast Wars Transmetal II Cybershark
- Cybershark was a mega sized toy that transformed into a tigershark. He came with two missile accessories and two fins accessories which also served as blade weapons in robot mode. The Maximals transmetal II Cybershark and Jawbreaker are the only two general U.S. release Beast Wars toys which never appeared in any ficiton.
- This toy was later redecoed into the RiD Predacon Sky-Byte.
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found