Cream is a princess-like figure; she is polite, cute, beautiful, follows manners (and never forgets them) and does what she is told. She’s very friendly and tries to be close to everyone she meets. She is brave as well, usually not afraid to go out on an adventure. She’s a bit naïve however, and doesn’t always see things right away, since she’s still very young.
Cream enjoys spending most of her time outdoors. There, she likes to play with her friends, usually any activity they want, or collect flowers which she finds pretty and joyful. She loves adventures and exploring. Indoors, she enjoys watching TV and probably any games she can find. Her favorite food is ice cream.
She doesn't like any form of violence, abuse or fighting and only fights to protect the people she cares about. Like most of the characters in the Sonic series, she doesn't like Doctor Eggman much either, but as custom, she is still somewhat polite to the doctor (at least before using Cheese to smack him senseless).
The first game Cream appeared in was Sonic Advance 2, where she was an unlockable character. Like Tails and Knuckles, she is kidnapped by Eggman and Sonic must rescue her before she can become playable. Just before the final level, her mother is kidnapped by Eggman, who is eventually rescued in the end by Super Sonic after he destroys the final boss.
Cream is seen as a cameo in Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut for the Gamecube and PC after playing the Casinopolis level, When first going to Station Square as E-102 Gamma and after completing Twinkle Park as Big the Cat. She is flying through the sky, apparently dropping the ice key that appears at that point in the game. This isn't her only cameo in the game, but it's her best-known one.
She is a part of Team Rose, the "Beginner" Team, acting as their flight member in Sonic Heroes The trio are on a quest to find Cheese's sibling, Chocola the Chao, a brown Chao with a blue bow tie, (as well as Big the Cat's friend, Froggy) and Sonic. In the game, she can only use Cheese to attack when the other two team members are incapacitated or otherwise not present. Her Chao attack is a means of self-defense, although the attack isn't very effective if she doesn't have 2 to 3 Power Cores.
Cream has also appeared in Sonic Battle, Sonic Advance 3, Sonic Rush, and the television series Sonic X, she is also a character in the Sonic X comic and is reported to be introduced sometime into the main Sonic Archie series as well.
She and Cheese both need to be rescued by Shadow the Hedgehog and Amy Rose in the game Shadow the Hedgehog during the level Cryptic Castle, which is her only appearance in the entire game (besides her voice being heard in the levels The ARK and Cosmic Fall in Expert Mode). Whether or not she is rescued, though, is up to Shadow and the player.
Cream also makes an appearance in Sonic Riders. In this game she, like Amy, wears a different outfit.
Cream's role in Sonic Rush was as a supporting character for Blaze the Cat, but ended up playing a very large role as a non-playable character. She and Blaze meet after Blaze finds her hiding in bushes nearby. She is surprised at how naive and trusting Cream is with a stranger such as herself and is dragged along to Cream's home. Throughout course of the game Cream cheers Blaze on during the battles and helps her to find Sonic. However in this game Cream also displays an understanding of her friends and their habits and motives. She tells Blaze that Amy is a good "Sonic detector" though sometimes lets her feelings get the better of her. She also mentions to Blaze Knuckles' gullibility and his short temper. Cream is held hostage by Eggman Nega in the final boss of Blaze's game but is rescued by Blaze. She is sad to see Blaze go at the end of the Extra story, but she becomes much happier upon learning from Sonic that Blaze promised to see them again.
She also appears in Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood and is one of the two optional recruits like E-123 Omega. She is seen in Green Hill Zone and is looking for Cheese who got lost. Her role is, in Final Fantasy terms, a Healer/Summoner. She can heal and revive her teammates and use her charm to lower enemy stats and has been reported to summon armies of Chao. She is also rather slow in this game compared to the others, with only one attack per round. She also suffers from weak attack power and armor.
Cream also has a starring role on the Sonic anime, Sonic X. Though she isn't as active as many other characters, she presents her own talents in the anime. Her first appearance is in episode 1, where Sonic tries to save her from Dr. Eggman's base, right before the Chaos Control that tossed Sonic and his friends to another world. She supports Sonic on his adventures for the Chaos Emeralds throughout the first season. Her most known accomplishment is her victory over Gizoid/Emerl during the second season, as she was forced to fight him for the first time on Sonic X.
Interactions With Other CharactersEdit
- Amy Rose (Best Friends, close as sisters)
- Cosmo the Seedrian
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Miles "Tails" Prower
- Christopher Thorndyke (Sonic X)
- Knuckles the Echidna
- Shadow the Hedgehog
- Blaze the Cat
- Big the Cat
- Vector the Crocodile
- Espio the Chameleon
- Charmy Bee
- Shade the Echidna
- Tikal the Echidna
Cream can achieve flight by flapping her two rather large ears. Although she can't fly as high, as fast or for as long as her friend Tails can, she can fly a greater horizontal distance. She is super fast like many other Sonic characters, but she is not as fast as Sonic or Shadow. Whilst able to mimic Sonic's basic spin-attack and spin dash, she largely attacks by having her Chao, Cheese, ram her adversaries. She also has good homemaking skills, most likely because of her mother.
Cream normally uses Cheese to attack, but in Sonic Battle and Sonic X she did attack by herself; in Sonic Battle, she used Omochao bombs, and in Sonic X she attacked a crazed Emerl by stomping on him.
- In the Sonic X dub and post-Shadow the Hedgehog games, Cream is voiced by Rebecca Honig.
- In Japan, Cream's voice is done by Sayaka Aoki.
- In Sonic Heroes, Sonic Battle and Sonic Advance 3, Cream was voiced by Sarah Wulfeck.
- In Sonic Heroes, Cream's theme song (as part of Team Rose) was called "Follow Me", sung by Kay Hanley.
- Cream, Vanilla, and Cheese's name is a reference to "vanilla cream" and "cream cheese."
- Cream has cameos in Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut; she flies by after Sonic and Tails clear Casinopolis, she drops the Ice Key for Big to collect, and Amy spots her flying by the train station in Station Square.
- In both versions of Sonic X, Vanilla has Cream's voice artist. In the English version, she has Cream's voice from Enter! Supersonic Hedgehog Appears!.
- Majority of the Sonic cast from the games have made their appearance in Archie's Sonic the Hedgehog comics, but oddly enough, Cream and Cheese along with Vanilla have not been introduced yet in the comic. One reason may be that the comics already have a female rabbit: Bunnie Rabbot. Also, it may be because, although they are in the Sonic X Archie comic, they are considered as "Sonic X exclusive" characters.
- Similar to Amy, the length and size of Cream's dress seems to vary between appearances.
- In episode 22 of Sonic X, Cream is wearing sandals. Cream appears to have no toes.  This is true to most other Sonic characters.
- Cream was one of the two characters featured in the Sonic McDonald's commercial, the other obviously being Sonic.
- In Sonic Chronicles, if Sonic continiues to doubt about Cream helping the team, Cream will not continue to the story and she will not be playable.
- Cream is the second fastest character in Sonic Advance 2 and Sonic Advance 3. She is also one of the youngest.
- Cream is mostly compared With Daisy of the Mario series due to them both liking Orange and Flowers. Also because they both are the main female character's best friend.
- If Cream was to raise her ears up, they would be backwards.