Blaze is a princess and the defender of the Sol Emeralds, a role similar to that held by Knuckles. She is sometimes referred to as a queen; She is called "Queen Blaze the Cat" on the official Sega of America Sonic mini site, Sonic Central, as well as the Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) game website. However, in Japanese, her title is kōjo, which translates as "imperial princess," (she is also called princess in Sonic Rush Adventure).
Her coat that she wears covers the part of her body that is engulfed by flames. She wears gloves similar to those worn by Sonic, only with fuzzy lining on the cuffs. Her shoes have the same motif as Sonic's, but they also have fuzzy lining and are high-heeled. She also wears a purple coat, lined at the neck with gold (possibly a necklace) and at the bottom with magenta, and a pair of white tights. She has a ponytail, and a jewel-like red orb is present on her forehead.
Blaze's dimension and Sonic the Hedgehog's are in flux with one another, allowing the characters to travel from one to the other through a tear in the space-time continuum. Blaze is the only playable character in Sonic Rush aside from Sonic himself.
Throughout the game, she learns the meaning of friendship from Sonic and friends, especially Cream the Rabbit. Cream opens her up to the world and teaches her the value of friendship: the two become close partners like Sonic and Miles "Tails" Prower.
It is through the power of friendship that she realizes the true powers of the Sol Emeralds and transforms into her super form (Blaze's costume goes red, her wrists/gloves turn to flames, and a fire force-field develops around her as a product of the Sol Emeralds rather than the lighter color and force field of Chaos energy usually used with the Chaos Emeralds) to help Super Sonic stop Dr. Eggman and Eggman Nega from taking over the universe. (This is much like how in Sonic Adventure, the heroes use positive emotions to charge the drained Chaos Emeralds to fight Chaos.) After the two defeat them, they promise to see each other again and say their goodbyes as they shake hands, being torn apart by their respective timezones being returned to normal. Blaze, still in super form, now understands her power and the meaning of friendship as she thinks on Sonic's words of advice.
Sonic the Hedgehog 2006Edit
Blaze appears in the 15th Anniversary of Sonic the Hedgehog. In this game, she hails from the future. In the future, she constantly fights Iblis, along with the new character, her life-long friend Silver the Hedgehog. As a pyrokinetic in a world of psychokinetics, she was constantly teased and shunned by other children, with Silver being the only one who accepted her for who she was.
Blaze the Cat follows Silver throughout the game, who shows signs of insecurity when she is not around. She seems to talk to Silver more than anyone else. At the end of Silver's story, Silver tries to seal Iblis inside of his soul, but the Flames of Disaster won't accept him as the vessel. Blaze ends up sealing Iblis inside her soul, and begs Silver to use Chaos Control to seal them into another dimension. Silver refuses to because he says he could never do that to her, and that he doesn't know what he would do without her. Blaze smiles and says, "You're still so naïve. But, I...I've always liked that about you..." as she disappears and floats towards the sky in to another dimension. She then says, "Good luck, Silver." and drifts away. Later, Sonic and the others destroy Solaris in past, present, and future, which erases the events of the game from history, meaning Blaze still exists.
It seems that Sonic Rush takes place in an alternate reality from Sonic the Hedgehog, as Blaze doesn't seem to remember Sonic at all, though she did react with mild surprise when Mephiles mentioned a blue hedgehog. Sonic the Hedgehog, however, could have been a prequel-type game explaining Blaze's past and how she came to be in another dimension. Time may have reset so she would grow up in the dimension she was sent to, but many fans have yet to come to a decision on this subject.
Blaze appears in Sonic Rivals only as one of the game's collectible cards.
Sonic and the Secret RingsEdit
Blaze is a playable character in the game's party mode. She's unlocked when the player collects 105 Fire Souls in the adventure mode. However, she has no relation to the main story.
Sonic Rush AdventureEdit
Blaze returns in Sonic Rush Adventure once again as the only playable character apart from Sonic. She appears to stop Captain Whiskers, a robotic pirate, from stealing the mystical Jeweled Scepter, which is acclaimed to have the power of the stars. Blaze bumps into Sonic, both of them surprised and slightly excited to see each other. It is revealed that Sonic has entered Blaze's dimension. In the end, after Super Sonic and Burning Blaze defeat Eggman and Eggman Nega, Tails creates a way for he and Sonic to return to their universe. Before Sonic's departure, he and Blaze shake hands once again, to signify respect and their growing friendship. Blaze also comforts Marine, who is also saddened about the heroes departure.
Mario and Sonic at the Olympic GamesEdit
Blaze is a well-balanced playable character. Her outfit is not her "princess clothes", instead she wears sports clothing. Blaze is an "All-Around" character who excels in Speed.
Sonic and the Black KnightEdit
In the latest Nintendo News, it is confirmed that Blaze (along with Shadow, Knuckles, Amy Rose, Tails , and Silver) will appear and is a Knight of The Round Table called Dame Percival. It is now confirmed that she will indeed be playable
Although Blaze is somewhat shy and withdrawn when meeting strangers, she doesn't let this prevent her from fulfilling her mission. Her lifestyle is incredibly similar to Knuckles', meaning Blaze is as anti-social and as shy as he is, and often finds it hard to open up and talk to people. She hates having the spotlight on her, preferring to take a backseat though she never showed signs of not liking the spotlight on her throughout the course of the games. She also hates anyone who even looks at her emeralds in the wrong way. Throughout the course of Sonic Rush, she develops a more friendly and gentle personality.
In [[Sonic Rush Adventure]], she is shown to be very honest and almost blunt when dealing with Marine the Raccoon and her antics.
It is also revealed in Sonic Rush that she is afraid of heights. In Sonic Rush, she admits that she was afraid of heights, while in Sonic Rush Adventure she showed signs of being afraid of heights and she didn't want to admit it in front of Sonic, Tails, and Marine.
- Blaze has super speed, but is not as fast as Sonic, easily seen in multiplayer mode, in which the two players race to the end of an act. Blaze relies more on her power to reach higher places to win.
- While in her super form, she can generate fireballs with her pyrokinesis, which she is able to throw.
- Blaze turns into a tornado when jumping, similar to Espio in Knuckles Chaotix, and doesn't keep speed or go faster.
- Blaze can raise fire from the ground (as seen in the Blaze v.s. Sonic battle in Sonic Rush)and toast her opponent because the fire rises form where the stand (or walk).
- Blaze, even though she may have learned the importance of friendship, is still antisocial and timid to a fault.
- She is scared of heights.
- She has a short temper which could cause trouble.
Interactions With Other CharactersEdit
Although she is somewhat shy and quiet, Blaze has managed to make some very worthwhile friends in her ventures around her.
Cream the Rabbit - As Blaze was traveling alone, after defeating Dr. Eggman, Cream had surprised her by hiding. Blaze was a little hostile, but Cream instead walks up towards her and invites her to her house, along with her mother, Vanilla the Rabbit. Blaze thought this to be calmingly eerie about the way they would treat a stranger. Cream then agrees to show Blaze around, making their adventure. As they travel, Blaze soon feels a bond, seeing Cream as a little sister. Even when Blaze left to her own dimension, they had hinted on missing each other's company.
Sonic the Hedgehog - Blaze was told by many people to team up with Sonic for her quest. She refused and thought him to be a liability to her mission. As they met up, she still feels the same. Later, she forces herself into combat against him. As they battle, Blaze uses her powers to destroy Sonic to get to Eggman, but she ultimately fails as Sonic blasts her with his speed, she later learns to trust people. However, in Blaze's version, she beats Sonic, realizes that he is not her enemy, and they become friends. Later, when Dr. Eggman and Eggman Nega team up, Sonic and Blaze team up. Although she loses faith in herself, Sonic cheers her up, and the two transform into Super Sonic and Burning Blaze. After the fight, they give each other their last good-byes, but Sonic promises to see her again. They do so, but Sonic ends up in her dimension, along with Tails. She and the two work together to stop the doctors plans. After defeating the doctors in Deep Core, Sonic and Blaze say their good byes as Sonic and Blaze shook hands again before Sonic and Tails return to their own dimension. From this point, Sonic and Blaze's friendship grows.
Knuckles the Echidna - Blaze and Knuckles met when Cream saw Knuckles and greeted him. Cream wanted Blaze to be friends with Knuckles, but it didn't work out right. First Blaze and Knuckles were too shy, and secondly, when Knuckles saw Blaze holding a few Sol Emeralds, he mistook them for Chaos Emeralds, and so he gave Blaze advice to give them to Sonic. Blaze gets angry at Knuckles and tells him that she has no Chaos Emeralds. Knuckles thinks she was lying and was going to punch her, but Blaze dodges and leaves Knuckles' fist stuck in a rock. Cream also said to Blaze "Don't take this wrong; but Knuckles is a really nice guy." Blaze didn't believe her, saying that she hates him though after Sonic Rush, it's unknown if she still dislikes Knuckles or not, but since Knuckles probably now knows what Blaze is, Knuckles might apologize to Blaze for his past actions (If they meet again that is).
Amy Rose - They met when Blaze was telling Cream that she doesn't need Sonic's help then Blaze said "Besides, this Sonic sounds like...." Then Amy showed up and said "Sonic-Where is Sonic?!!!" Blaze was a bit angry at Amy budging her lines, then Cream calmed her down and introduced Amy. Amy noticed Blaze and thought that Blaze loves Sonic and even asked Blaze this question. Blaze was upset, meaning that she dislikes love discussions and said no. Amy then befriends Blaze and later sticks up for her when Knuckles is searching for Blaze to get back at her.
Silver the Hedgehog - Silver and Blaze are life-long friends in the future. The two have been battling the evil Iblis together, and searched for the Iblis trigger together. As they travel through the present, they both make it a priority to find the Iblis Trigger. As she supported Silver, even when she wasn't there, she eventually sacrificed her own life by sealing Iblis inside her instead of Silver. As Sonic, Silver, and even Shadow team up and defeat Solaris, they reverse time, and Blaze's sacrifice never happened. However, because of the altered future, it's unknown whether Blaze and Silver still even know each other. Because the events of the game never happened, it's possible that this caused the two to never meet each other. Strong evidence for this exists in Sonic Rush Adventure, and the two Sonic Rivals games, in which neither of them mention each other in either game.
Miles "Tails" Prower - Blaze first met Tails with Sonic when they were searching for her. They both don't see each other much, but when after the fight between Sonic and her was finished, Tails tried to convince Blaze to stop fighting and to believe in Sonic so she can rest. She was going to take that into consideration and thanked him for it, but she insisted in fighting Dr. Eggman herself, In Sonic Rush Adventure, Blaze finds Tails to be a valuable ally, especially when it comes to machines.
Eggman Nega - Is Blaze's most evil foe and rival. Blaze hated Eggman Nega for ruining her life by threating her kingdom and people, taking her Jeweled Scepter and Sol Emeralds, and her friends. Blaze is quick to anger whenever Eggman Nega says and does whatever that is evil to Blaze such as what Nega said in Sonic Rush Adventure "It will only take the fraction of this power to wipe your kingdom off your charts!" Since Eggman Nega has appeared in the Sonic Rivals series and Blaze hasn't, it is unknown if she knows any of Eggman Nega's doings during these games and is unaware of his "future" info.
Captain Whisker - Blaze appears to be easily annoyed and mad by Captain Whisker due to the fact that Whisker took her Jeweled Scepter and is wasting her time.
Dr. Eggman - Like Eggman Nega, Blaze has a strong grudge against Eggman but not that much since Dr. Eggman isn't that much insane and evil. She hates the idea of Eggman building "EggmanLand" in either hers' or Sonic's dimensions.
Mephiles the Dark - After tricking her and Silver into trying to kill Sonic she does all she can to stop him. It is unknown if he still exists or she remembers him but they will if they see each other, as he no longer exists.
- Cream the Rabbit (Good Friend)
- Sonic the Hedgehog (Good Friend)
- Miles "Tails" Prower
- Amy Rose
- Knuckles the Echidna
- Silver the Hedgehog (Best Friend possibly in the alternate future)
- Marine the Raccoon
Using the Sol Emeralds, Blaze can turn herself into Burning Blaze. During the transformation Blaze's lavender fur becomes light pinkish peach, the violet on the tips of her hair are erased, the tip of her tail turns red. Blaze's fuzzy cuffs on her wrists and ankles turn magenta, her outfit turns red and the lining turns gold. Unlike most characters, Blaze's eyes don't change color.
- In the English version of Sonic Rush, Blaze is voiced by Bella Hudson. Bella Hudson was mistakenly referred as Berra Hudson when credited as Blaze in Sonic Rush, due to 'L' sounds in Japanese are replaced with 'R' when writing names.
- Blaze is the only female character in all portrayals of Sonic the Hedgehog to have a super form.
- While Sonic usually runs with fast paced, quick steps, Blaze seems to run with long strides, not unlike Shadow while using his Air Shoes. She also turns herself into a tornado when dashing, as opposed to Sonic's Spin Dash. Blaze's shoes almost looks like Sonics.
- She appears in the Archie Comics adaption of Sonic Rush in issues 160-161.
- Despite her age, she has a noticeably less curvy body than other females of the series.
- Whilst fighting Sonic in Sonic Rush, Blaze says: "Because of my powers, I have always been alone". However, this is only true to Sonic Rush's version of the character; for the future version of Blaze that appeared in Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), Silver is her life-long friend.
- Strangely at the end of Silver`s story in Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) when Blaze uses the light blue & white emeralds she obtains a hot pink aura in the shape of a orb, and her cuffs turned red, as if she were in her super form.
- Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) marks the only time Blaze used The Chaos Emeralds & Chaos Control.
- Blaze is the first character with a "super" form that doesn't require Chaos energy.
- Blaze would say "Don't speak of such a thing" if you ask her weight. This may explain why she does not have a curvy body like other female Sonic characters.
- Blaze is far by the strongest female character in the Sonic series.
- Blaze does not like to be called "highness" as it was shown in Sonic Rush Adventure when Gardon came in. She prefers at most Princess Blaze.
- Blaze`s ponytail looks like a crown which, may have been intentional, considering Blaze is a princess.
- Although Blaze is known as shorter than Sonic, she is taller than him in Sonic Rush multiplayer mode, maybe due to her high heels, but in Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity she is even taller than Knuckles, and she isn't even wearing high-heels.
- In the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 Versions of Sonic Unleashed, if one were to look at the loading screen for Empire City's Skyscraper Scamper stage, one could see "Blaze Rd." or something similar, as well as "Chao Garden" on the Street Sign behind the transparent controller.
- Even though Silver the Hedgehog and Blaze the Cat appeared in a multitude of games together after Sonic the Hedgehog 2006, it is still unknown if they know each other.
- Some fans (but very few) believe that Blaze might've faked her smile when she disappered into the sky in Sonic the Hedgehog 2006.
- Blaze is the only female member of the Knights of the Round Table in Sonic and the Black Knight.
- Blaze the Cat has a few things in common with Tails' possible love interest for example, Her and Cosmo sacrificed themselves to save something that was important. (Blaze, future. Cosmo, galaxy)
- In Sega Super Star Tennis, it is possible to send the tennis ball directly past your opponet then at Blaze and hit her. Her only expression is surprisement at first, then she shakes her head. This is not intentional, but it is possible.
- Blaze's ponytail holder is not red like it normally is. In Sonic and the Black Knight, her hairband is gold. There is also a blue jewel on her visor, Similar to one on her forehead.
- Blaze has been out ever since the year 2005 and yet she still doesn't have a theme song. Fans consider either the Vela Nova or Raisn' Me up her theme song. Some even think that Silver and Blaze share the theme song Dreams of an Absolution.
- The first (and maybe only) time Blaze met Shadow was in Sonic Universe issue #1.
- Oddly enough, Blaze the Cat greatly resembles the Pokémon character Espeon.
- In Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 at the end of Silver's Story, Blaze never actually died when she sealed iblis flames into her body, instead she was transported to a different Dimension, Which is possibly the Sol Dimension the one she lives in right now.
- Sonic and Blaze have a few things in common.
- 1.) Their name both consists of five letters.
- 2.) They both have super forms and can use certain types of emeralds to perform the transformation.
- 3.) They both have a main antagonist that is always trying to threaten their world. (Sonic, Eggman. Blaze, Eggman Nega)
- 4.) Their shoes look similar.
- 5.) Both have a very close friend. (Sonic, Tails. Blaze, Cream or Silver)
- 6.) They can run at super speed.
- 7.) Both would prefer being called their actual names instead of "Mister Sonic" and for Blaze "Your Highness".
- Blaze's pose from Sonic Channel is similar to her pose from Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity.
- It is possible that the dimension she lives in is the same future that Silver lives in.